The Pedestrian & Occupant Safety Laboratory is equipped with Universal Launcher for evaluation of Pedestrian and Occupant protection
systems. This lab is equipped with High speed cameras of 2000FPS with 1024×1024 pixel with adequate illumination recording capability
and Aicon 3D system for measuring the deformation.
- Upper Legform
- Free Flight Headform
- Body Block
- Guided Headform
- Headform Pendulum
- Ejection Mitigation
Regulation 78/2009 (Phase I /II), Euro NCAP – Pedestrians, FMVSS201U – US Regulation, GTR9 (Global Technical Regulation), TRIAS 63-2004, Japanese Regulation JNCAP – Pedestrian, ECE R-12, ECE R-21 & AIS-100
- Main Structure on Rail System with 5 DOF
- Maximum Speed : 54 Kmph
- Impact Point Precision : 5 mm radius
- Longitudinal Regulation : 1500 mm
- Lateral Regulation : +/- 2000 mm
- Vertical Regulation : 500 – 3000 mm
- Transversal Beam Regulation : 1000 mm
- Max.Velocity:7 m/s
- Velocity accuracy: + 0.20 km/h
- Repeatability: + 0.15 km/h
- Impactor Mass: 6.5 kg
- Horizontal angle : 0° to 360°
- Max. Horizontal divergence:±0.10
- Vertical angle : -10° to 50°
- Max. Vertical Divergence : ±0.1°
- Impact point precision: 5 mm radius.
- Laser pointer for precision
- Static calibration and dynamic calibration benches for the impactors.
- Head drop test stand.
- Bedplate with T-slots for mounting the fixtures.
- 5 degrees of freedom.
Side Door Strength Test
- Quasi-static side door testing (IS 12009, FMVSS 214)
- Max. Length of Car/BiW that can be tested : 5.0 m
- Max. Kerb Weight of Car that can be tested : 3500 kg